Don't wait until college to figure out what you want to do with your life. Start preparing for a career you will love today!
In this 5-week online course high school students will discover...
- How their unique personality influences their career choice
- How their personal values should impact career decisions
- How work environments and colleagues will affect job satisfaction
- Which careers are best suited to their interests and strengths
- The highest earning and fastest growing careers for each unique profile
- How to find out if a particular career is the right fit (before their first day on the job)
- How to avoid massive college debt and choose a career that will make their degree worth the price they pay for it
- How to choose their college major (and get it right the first time)
- How to select a school that is a perfect fit; academically, socially and financially
Students will receive...
- Professional Career Testing
- A personalized 10 page report revealing their strengths, weaknesses, motivations and more
- A scientifically validated Career Interest Assessment with links to jobs that fit their personal profile
- Five weeks of video content (20-30 min a week/5 weeks)
- Downloadable workbook to accompany assignments
- Access to member's only section of website
How it works....
1. Students join one of the 5 week class sections and receive access to the video content for all 5 steps and the downloadable workbook.
2. Students watch the short (10-20 min) videos for each week as it fits in their schedule. During week 1 and 2 this will include completing the Truity Typefinder Assessment and the Truity Career Interest Assessment.
3. Students complete the assignments and worksheet(s) that accompany each step. (approximately 1 hour per week, with additional time needed for week 3 or 4 to do an informational interview)
4. Students are encouraged to discuss all results with a parent or trusted adviser and create an action plan as they move toward their future career goals.
LeAnn Gregory has spent 25 years mentoring college students in the US and abroad. Noticing that students often changed their college major multiple times, and that many were amassing paralyzing debt, she set out to write a program that would better prepare high school students for the challenges that awaited them in college. The goal of the program is to actively engage teens with an interactive curriculum that encourages them to better understand themselves, their career options, job market trends, and the financial realities of higher education. With these foundations in place, students are equipped to maximize their college investment.
StartStep 1, Session 1 - How well do you know yourself? (8:20)
StartStep 1, session 1 - Discover your unique personality (16:24)
StartMyers Briggs cheat sheet download
StartClickable link to Truity testing site
StartStep 1, session 2 - Interpreting your results (20:34)
StartStep 1, session 2 - Your personalized results report (11:42)
StartTypefinder worksheet download
StartStep 1, session 3 - What do you value? (9:35)
StartStep 1, session 3 - What do you value most? (4:55)
StartValues worksheet download